Sunday, November 18, 2007

Feds Looking Into Morial's Records

What could it be Marc? Did Slimy Mac-P (aka Stan "Pampy" Barre) steer the feds your way?

For his part, Morial's lawyer Pat Fanning said he "cannot imagine" why prosecutors would be subpoenaing legal records. He characterized the latest subpoena, which he said he was not aware of until receiving a call from a reporter, as another "bewildering" turn in a senseless investigation.

"I cannot imagine why they would be subpoenaing Adams and Reese's records," he said. "I can't imagine they would think those lawyers over there are going to participate in a deal to help Marc get some illegal money. That's a big business over there.

"My read on all this is that somebody either at the FBI or the IRS got a bug up their ass and said, 'Let's send a subpoena over there.' I never have been able to figure out what they're investigating about Marc. I guess it's just the government being the government."


Could that "bug up their ass", that Pat Fanning is eluding to, be Stan "Pampy" Barre quivering at the prospects of spending his golden years in prison? I guess we just have to wait and see.

No comments: